Microblading/3D Hairstroke Eyebrows
Pre-Treatment Care Instructions & Information
- Remember, no two sides of the face are the same. Perfection is our goal, but, note that nothing is PERFECT. We do not use the “P” word when doing Permanent Makeup. Sisters, NOT twins is used universally in this field.
- Absolutely No sun, sweating, or tanning prior to the procedure or after the procedure for 10 days. Do not have a tan/sunburn on your face prior to your procedure. The tan will exfoliate taking color with it as it fades. If you show up to your appointment with a sunburn, you will be required to reschedule and your deposit will be forfeited.
- Do not work out the day of the procedure as the body heat expands the pores. It is recommended not to sweat (heavily) for the first 10 days after the procedure. Sweat is salt and can prematurely fade the treated area.
- IF YOU USE BOTOX, IT SHOULD BE PERFORMED EITHER 2 WEEKS PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED PROCEDURE OR 2 WEEKS AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE.
- Avoid direct shower water on the treated area after the procedure. Apply the Vaseline prior to showering to prevent water, soaps and shampoos from getting on the treated area. Absolutely NOTHING on the treated area..no water, no makeup, lotions, pencil….etc. for 10 days. After the 10 days, use a gentle cleanser to clean them. Avoid scrubbing the treated area for 1 month.
- Do NOT take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E and/or Ibuprofen unless medically necessary, 48-72 hrs prior to your procedure. Tylenol is fine. If you are drinking or taking vitamins and power shakes or power greens, please stop taking 3 days prior to procedure. They thin the blood and you will have more bleeding.
- Avoid sleeping on your face during the 1st 10 days after the procedure
- You MUST be off Retin-A or Retinols for 7 days prior to your appointment and avoid using on or around the area for 30 days after. If used before 30 days, it can cause the pigments to fade prematurely. If you resume the Retin-A or Retinols after the 30 days, please know that the continued use will fade your permanent makeup prematurely.
- You have to be off Accutane for 1 year. NO Exceptions!
- If you have oily skin, your results WILL appear softer (eyebrows can look solid) in appearance and may require additional procedures.
- Dark Skin types: please note that your permanent makeup will not appear as bold as lighter skin types. (Indian, African American, Filipino, etc.)
- Avoid alcohol or caffeine prior to the procedure, this will minimize any oozing or swelling after the procedure.
- Getting a procedure while on your menstrual cycle can make you hyper-sensitive at the procedure site.
- If there are any blemishes, pimples, active cold sores, irritation of the skin of any kind, moles or other skin imperfections in or around the area of the procedure, Tyan/Lita WILL NOT be able to do the procedure until the blemish or area of concern is gone or the mole is removed and healed.
- No swimming until the area is completely healed, salt water/chlorine can cause the pigments to fade or change in color. It is recommended to apply the Vaseline to the treated area/s prior to swimming even after healed to prevent the chlorine water/salt water from penetrating the area.
- Only touch the treated areas with squeaky clean hands. Apply Vaseline with a Q-tip. This is a must..we do not want an infection.
- DO NOT RUB, SCRATCH OR PICK AT THE TREATED AREA. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring.
- Plan on scheduling your follow up between 2 and 6 months after your procedure
- Come to your appointment with your eyebrows penciled the way you like them (optional) if you like & bring your eyebrow pencil with you
- If you get your eyebrows waxed or tinted, please have this done at least 72 hours prior to your scheduled procedure. It is recommended to wait at least a week to have them waxed after the procedure..
DISCLAIMER: If Tyan/Lita did NOT do your original permanent makeup and you want the “3D Hairstroke Eyebrows”, she will not do unless old Eyebrow color is ALMOST GONE. You may have laser removal done of old ink or we can always do a soft background looking eyebrow and adjust the shape for you in this case. It is the client’s responsibility to let us know if you have had Permanent Makeup done by someone else prior to scheduling. If you have had Permanent Makeup previously done and fail to tell us, Tyan/Lita reserves the right to refuse service and may recommend removal and you will forfeit your deposit for the lost appointment time. The signature hair stroke technique will not work well over dark, solid, misshaped, mis-colored, misplaced or carbon-based pigments. No Exceptions!